We have openings for volunteers!
If you are ready to be more involved with the chapter or would like to learn more, please let us know. We welcome your participation and leadership. It is a great way to broaden your scope of the profession, network with other members and professionals, expand the potential of chapter goals and activities, and receive a rewarding return on your membership overall. Most of our leadership started by volunteering in a small capacity. Then found it so rewarding, they decided to take on a bigger roles. Let us know which of these areas and committees interest you so we can provide you with more information and a contact person.
- Regional planning teams (Upstate, Midlands, and Lowcountry) – assisting with organizing regional events, promoting SCASLA locally to keep members engaged in chapter events and gathering feedback, event recap and photos.
- Public Relations and Website – positively promoting our profession and member mentorship, seek out latest news and events relevant to our membership, editing content for press releases and website, coordinate with ASLA communication
- Continuing Education – facilitate CEUs at events, coordinate LA CES submittals for events as applicable, track CEU opportunities throughout the year, coordinate with other CEU providers
- Advocacy – promoting the profession to policy makers with regards to our licensure and policies supported by ASLA and our chapter
- Sponsorship – engage sponsors and future sponsors with our membership
- Awards – assist with submissions and juror process for chapter awards, promote and reward outstanding works and achievements
- Student Reviews/Juror and mentor – Clemson’s landscape architecture students individual and studio work review, firm visits, mentorship partnering
- Emerging Professionals – engaging new working graduates entering the work force, support for LARE registrants and study groups